This Privacy Notice applies to the personal data of consumers that is collected or used Stirling Sales Agencies Limited trading as Hauke Schmidt UK (“The Website Owner”) or its affiliates or subsidiaries. The Website Owner appreciates the interest you have shown in our company, products and services by visiting our websites, www.haukeschmidtuk.com or related communication channels, including, but not limited to, our social media pages and/or channels and blogs (together “The Website Pages”). This Privacy Notice applies to all the personal data The Website Owner collects when you interact with The Website Owner, such as when you visit our websites, when you use the products or services offered by The Website Owner, when you purchase products of The Website Owner, when you subscribe to newsletters, when you contact customer support etc.
This includes, without limitation, all online and offline collections of all types of personal data.
Why we ask you to share your Personal Data
We ask you to share your personal data with us for purposes including, but not limited to:
- Buying The Website Owner products online;
- Receiving information about The Website Owner products and services;
- Participating in The Website Owner online communities, including our social media channels/pages and blogs;
- Storing your preferences for future interactions and communications from The Website Owner;
- Helping us to develop products and create campaigns that are designed around you, optimise customer services and continuously improve our websites;
- Helping us to improve products and services, and allowing The Website Owner to keep you informed of, or involve you in testing of, new products and services;
- Resolving consumer and/or product issues;
We generally process your personal data only for those purposes that we have communicated with you. If we use it for other (closely related) purposes, additional data protection measures will be implemented if required by law.
Type of Personal Data we may collect
When you interact with The Website Owner, for instance interacting with The Website Owner via The Website Pages (e.g. “like us on Facebook”), we may ask for or receive certain data, such as:
- Your name;
- Your email address;
- Your telephone number;
- Your social media profile;
- Your gender;
- Your age;
- Information about the products you’ve purchased;
- Your usage of and activities on The Website Pages;
- Your interests; and
- Other information related to your online behaviour.
Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites, and your settings on The Website Pages, certain personal data may be shared with The Website Owner about your online activities and social media profiles (e.g. interests, marital status, gender, user name, photo, comments you have posted etc.).
In addition, we may collect personal data via cookies or similar techniques (cookies link), including, but not limited to:
- Your IP address;
- Your cookie ID;
- Your web browser;
- Your location;
- The web pages you visit on our website(s);
Different ways we collect your Personal Data
You can share your personal data with The Website Owner in several ways, including, but not limited to:
- Registering a purchase;
- Your communications with The Website Owner. These can be product- or service-related, and may include the contents of your questions to us, or requests you addressed to us;
- Communicating with one of our The Website Owner Customer Service representatives by email or phone or in writing;
- Ordering a product;
- Participating in a promotion, game or competition;
- Participating in a social media activity related to a The Website Owner promotion (for example clicking “like” or “share”);
- Asking to receive messages on your mobile phone/device;
- Subscribing to a The Website Owner newsletter;
- Voluntarily participating in surveys;
- Social sign-on (using your Facebook or LinkedIn credentials, for example, to create an account or log on);
- When using The Website Owner connected products and/or Apps, you may be asked whether you wish to share data with The Website Owner (e.g. share your usage data or your location data);
- Cookies placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit our websites;
- Social Listening: The Website Owner may search the Internet for relevant and publicly available content and use it to improve its products or services, resolve consumer issues and provide targeted marketing.
The Website Owner may also obtain your personal data if you are a customer of a The Website Owner partner. Personal data may also reach us if we purchase another company of which you are a customer. If you do not want The Website Owner to use your personal data that has not been provided by you, you may let us know at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Sharing your Personal Data with others
We may share your personal data with service providers, business partners and other third parties, in accordance with applicable law.
For example, The Website Owner may sell you a product or offer you a service in a joint marketing effort with another company (Business Partner). We will let you know that such a relationship exists and who these companies are prior to processing your data for such joint marketing efforts.
If we are required by law to obtain your consent, or otherwise believe that your consent is appropriate in the circumstances, we will obtain your consent before we share your personal data.
The agreements with these Business Partners will limit the purposes for which your personal data can be used and disclosed, and will require your personal data to be adequately safeguarded.
The Website Owner will disclose personal data only in conformance with this Privacy Notice and/or when required by law.
From time to time, The Website Owner may sell a business or a part of a business to another company. Such a transfer of ownership could include the transfer of your personal data directly related to that business to the purchasing company.
Once you have provided us with your personal data, you have reasonable access to that information so that you can update, modify or, if legally possible, delete it. You may make requests regarding your personal data by contacting The Website Owner at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will also be provided with an opt-out opportunity when necessary and we will comply with any local legislation.
We encourage you to keep your personal settings and personal data complete and current.
We want to know you better so we can serve you better while at the same time respecting your choices about how we use your personal data.
Your personal data may be transferred from your home country to other The Website Owner companies, in different locations in the EU, which may communicate with you about The Website Owner products, services or special offers that you may be interested in. If local law requires it, we will ask for prior consent to transfer your personal data outside of your geographic region.
If you do not want us to send you personalised offers or information, you can let us know by checking the appropriate box on the registration form, or by selecting “opt-out” on emails you receive.
Where local law requires it, we will ask you to “opt-in” or affirmatively consent to the processing of your personal data. For example, where local law so requires, we will only send you newsletters if you have subscribed to them. Similarly, where local law so requires, we will ask you to “opt-in” before using sophisticated profiling techniques.
Do Not Track Signals
The Website Owner takes privacy and security very seriously, and strives to put our website users first in all aspects of our business. The Website Owner utilises cookies to help you to get the most out of the The Website Pages.
Please be aware that The Website Owner currently does not make use of a technical solution that would enable us to respond to your browser’s ‘Do Not Track’ signals. In order to manage your cookie preferences, however, you may alter the cookie settings in your browser settings at any time. You may accept all, or certain, cookies. If you do disable our cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections of our website(s) will not work.
You can find further information on how to alter your cookie settings for the browser that you use from the following list:
On the The Website Pages, Flash cookies may also be used. Flash cookies may be removed by managing your Flash Player settings. Depending on the version of Internet Explorer (or other browser) and media player you use, you may be able to manage Flash cookies with your browser. You may manage Flash Cookies by visiting the Adobe website. Please be aware that restricting the use of Flash Cookies may affect the features available to you.
When you participate in various social media forums like Facebook, Twitter, Yammer, Pinterest, Instagram etc., you should be familiar with and understand the tools provided by those sites that allow you to make choices about how you share the personal data in your social media profile(s).
Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites (and/or in combination with your settings on the The Website Pages), certain personal data may be shared with The Website Owner about your online activities and social media profiles (e.g. interests, marital status, gender, user name, photo, comments and content you have posted/shared etc.).
Links to Other Websites
During your online journey across The Website Owner website(s), you may encounter links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from The Website Owner, and may have their own privacy notices, statements or policies. We strongly suggest that you review them to understand how your personal data may be processed in connection with those sites, as we are not responsible for the content of non-The Website Owner-owned or -managed sites, or the use or privacy practices of those sites.
The Website Owner may store your personal data in a cloud. This means that your personal data may be processed on behalf of The Website Owner by a cloud service provider and could be stored in different locations around the world. The Website Owner makes use of organisational and contractual measures to protect your personal data and to impose similar, but in no way less restrictive, requirements on our cloud services providers, including requirements that your personal data be processed exclusively for the purposes mentioned above.
How we protect your Personal Data
We recognise and take seriously our responsibility to protect the personal data you entrust to The Website Owner from loss, misuse or unauthorised access. The Website Owner uses a variety of security technologies and organisational procedures to help protect your personal data. For example, we implement access controls, use firewalls, secure connections between your browser and our server(s) (SSL provided by Let’s Encrypt) and we do not store sensitive financial information.
Special information for parents
While The Website Owner websites are not generally targeted at children under the age of 16, it is The Website Owner’s policy to comply with the law when it requires parent or guardian permission before children’s information is collected, used or disclosed.
The Website Owner strongly recommends that parents take an active role in supervising the online activities of their children. If you believe we have collected personal data from a person who is under the age of 16, please contact us at email@example.com
Mobile Information We Collect
- Personally identifiable information (e.g. Name, email address) we collect consists only of what you share with us. For example, certain products may ask for this type of information so that we may contact you by phone or email at your request. You choose what, how, and when you want to share.
- If you use any location-enabled products, you may be sending us location information. The Website Owner does not store or use this information other than to provide the service you requested. For example, a mobile product may use GPS data to find a nearby restaurant you requested. Location-enabled features are opt-in and you have control over your participation and can turn these services off at any time.
- Some mobile applications will utilise Google Analytics (or similar tool) to help us better serve our customers through improved products, services, and revisions to the mobile applications. This collected information will not identify you to The Website Owner. It may, however, let us know anonymously, which services and features you are using the most within the application, as well as device type and hardware features, country and language of download.
- Use of 3rd party services such as social sharing sites (e.g., Facebook & Twitter) is governed by the privacy practices of those services. The Website Owner does not capture or store your login information or other personally identifiable information for these services, however session info or cookies may be stored.
Mobile How We Use Collected Information
- We use the information to personalise your experience with the application and to improve your overall experience including the development of new products, services, and features. We also use the information to provide customer support, and when applicable, register and administer your account. Additionally, we may use the information you provide to contact you about updates to our service.
- Information you provide may be used to fulfill the service(s) or carry out the transaction(s) you have requested or authorised. For example, if you authorise a purchase through a mobile eCommerce application, we will use provided information to ship and bill you.
Mobile Information sharing
- The Website Owner does not share any collected information with 3rd parties with the following exceptions:
- The Website Owner may provide some personal data to third-party partners that are providing services essential to your mobile user experience.
- All requests are sent through your mobile carrier’s network and your carrier may have access to it. Consult your carrier’s privacy policies for additional information.
- Certain mobile products and services and manufacturers allow you to interact and share your information with others. For example, you may want to Tweet or post to your Facebook page content from a The Website Owner mobile application. Consult your mobile device manufacturer, or mobile product or application developer’s privacy policies for additional information.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
The services that The Website Owner provides are always evolving and the form and nature of the services that The Website Owner provides may change from time to time without prior notice to you. For this reason, we reserve the right to change or add to this Privacy Notice from time to time and will post any material revisions on our websites.
We will post a prominent notice on our privacy notice page to notify you of any significant changes to this Privacy Notice, and will indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated. We encourage you to check back often to review the latest version.
The new Privacy Notice will be effective upon posting. If you do not agree to the revised notice, you should alter your preferences, or consider stopping using the The Website Pages. By continuing to access or make use of our services after the changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised privacy notice.
How to contact us
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.